Real Estate Sales can be broadly described as renting, buying, or selling property for clients. The tasks under the real estate sales are study property listings, interview prospective clients, accompany clients to property site, discuss conditions of sale, and draw up real estate contracts. Includes agents who represent buyer. The Real Estate Sales agent provides a sounding board for the needs and desires of the buyer or seller and uses this information to develop a selling or buying plan for the client.
While purchasing a property the Real Estate Sales person helps in showing the property which is on the market and then later negotiating a good deal which is beneficial to both the buyer and the seller. Similarly, the Estate Sales agent assists the sellers by quoting an asking price according to the real estate market and they also suggest in repairs and renovation so that you get good price for your property. The real estate sales process can be long, frustrating and precarious, and if not done correctly you stand to lose future customers.
Some steps are listed which are important in Real Estate Sales:
- Recording basic details of the property to be listed say for example the location, address, size, Name of the property holder etc.
- Recording the condition of the property like whether is it in good condition or some renovations are required.
- Staging of the property where by the owner spruces up the property for showing at a set date/time to the prospective clients.
- Cleaning of the property should be done. This can boost property prices by a surprising amount, which is desirable for both you as the agent and the seller.
- Comparative market analysis is the next step so that you and the seller can define and evaluate an optimal price for the property.
- Present analysis to the seller by showing them the data collected by intensive market research. This useful information helps in valuing the property.
- Agree on a listing price so you can move on to signing a listing agreement and getting the property on the market once the market analysis have been reviewed by the seller.
Next is the time to issue a listing agreement. This will grant you the authority to act as the property owner's agent in the sale of the property. The listing agreement should include the mandatory items like beginning date and termination date, Property owner's name and contact info, address, list price/type, amount of brokerage, terms and conditions, authorization to the broker etc. A signed copy should be sent to the seller after the listing agreement is complete.
- Listing of the property by mentioning the real estate agent details like name, number, email and website of the company. After this the advertising of the property via various channels should be done, then the showing dates should be set. After receiving the offers a purchase agreement should be made in which the details of the prospective buyer should be listed.
- Negotiating the sale, discussing the offers with client, responding to offers. Do this until negotiations end and a final offer is accepted and confirmed by both sides.
- Finally closing the sale by scheduling an inspection for the buyer. Oversee the exchange of the contracts. Once all these steps are adhered to you can take the property off the market.
Hope the above points will ensure smooth real estate sales.
The success of your investment depends greatly on the real estate agent you choose. Hope the above points will help you in selecting your real estate agent with ease.